Thursday, April 06, 2006

Brain Map

The days fly mercilessly by as I scramble to put together the pieces of my new identity here. The city roars endlessly fourteen stories beneath my apartment windows, reminding me of the infinite possibilities that city life- South America's Nueva York- offers. Many times I find a "brain map" useful in my journaling world. My mind in the middle and the gazillion lines shooting off from it (which I'll have to convey in a left to right manner, losing some of its design effect).

- Continued ponderings as we dig deeper into the international world and this ever-emerging complex field of IR... so curious about the "sciences" applied to analyze our international scene (economics, sociology, anthropology, psychology), when such immeasurable forces constantly as faith, mystery, human emotions enter in concurrently.
- What role I can have as an active peace worker here and now... a nonviolent communication facilitator? an advocate for a budding responsible business NGO? a volunteer and motivational speaker at public schools?
- In what ways can our world peace scholar class move this program forward, only now in its fourth year?
- When will I ever find time to escape the city to breath in the fresh air and beauty of other parts of this expansive and diverse nation?
- Need a live soccer game, though they're always on the tv's around the city...
- New apartment-mate moving in on Saturday! Yumi, from Japan.
- As I occasionally streamline Democracy Now, my thoughts are with the U.S. as it debates around the issues of the proposed immigration bill. Might I suggest a look at the following: http://www.sfgate.com/comics/fiore/ In all seriousness, can we please look to at history- reflect; pause to consider the overarching messages of the eras.

The lines continue, just as random as they come across here, but my mind longs for rest. As you may tell from my posting times, I'm adopting the Argentinean rhythm to a tune of 2 to 3am bedtime. And the city continues to hum below...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home