Saturday, August 22, 2009

From stillness


Back in Oregon, I honor the stillness in these moments preceding launch into Carpe Diem Act III. In a few days, the flurry of alignment with fellow soul-seekers will work its magic, and my co-leader and I will begin to prep our dive into the heart of Cambodia, Laos and Thailand. In Cambodia, we will visit Angkor Wat, the Killing Fields and S-21, and teach and work in construction in Ptea Teuk; in Laos, we'll work at an animal sanctuary, select internships in Luong Prabang (cooking, textiles, art), and trek through the mountains; in Thailand, we'll learn of Thai Buddhism, attend language school, study Thai massage, volunteer with Mokken Sea Gypsy people, and scuba dive outside of Phuket.
Thankfully, after a month volunteering on Freedom Farm this summer, I am feeling relatively well-rested and profoundly whole. I was supported by angel sisters on both sides, nurtured by the constancy and vibrance of mother earth, and set free by pure moments with kids and countless bouts of tearful laughter. One of the greatest gifts was a weekend with 43 of 47 relatives from my father's line who gathered together at the farm in celebration of my eldest uncle's 80th birthday. We shared together in a memory box activity and slideshow that evermore reinforces the beauty and lessons wrapped up in our links to one another. The knitting of my supporting web is silky and loving.
So, gratitude coarses through my veins as I walk softly on, curious and listening for messages that carry me along the path.
Be well, dear friends, and hopefully next post you'll find some images of southeast asia...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home