Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Quick check-in

Dearest friends,
I am in the thick of my time here in Nepal... as I've learned to get myself around the most essentials of Nepali language, and have grasped the key issues regarding peacebuilding, my conversations and relationships have been meaningfully deepening. I'm running myself quite ragged, but doing so knowing I soon face two long semesters of reading and writing in the quiet, organized setting of Brisbane. Recently, I went for a week to the far west of Nepal where I met with multiple organizations, saw bombed out buidings, internally displaced peoples camps, met with youth and childrens clubs, etc... I got back in time for a magical birthday weekend with Nepali treats and dancing with my youth action nepal colleagues and host family on Friday, followed by an escape to a farmhouse right outside Kathmandu (fresh cow milk and skipping thru the nearby community forest), followed by a trip to a gorgeous tibetan stupa...
the past two days i was part of a workshop designed to brainstorm about an upcoming series of radio shows about youth, conflict, and hiv/aids. tomorrow i will take off north towards the himalayas with my host brother who is organizing several meetings for me with maoists, etc. I will be back in Kathmandu in about five days and will get in better contact with those I've been missing. thank you for all your birthday wishes, and know you are all with my every night as i hug all of you providing support, advice, and reflection from afar. I miss and love you. Ah, and yes, I'm taking plenty of pictures that will be posted soon! connections are slow here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home