Wednesday, January 20, 2010

humble and still

Portland, Oregon. January 20, 2010. Two weeks worth of living to my own meditative drummer before launching off on another voyage... A bit after five o'clock and gazing out from this cozy, borrowed room, the dark night sky is an alluring and comforting blue. For once in a long time I've actually unpacked, at least to create the facade that I am 'settled'. The truth is, I am. From hitting one type of life 'bottom', including a mild semblance of an existential dilemma while in Thailand, a series of interactions over the past six months has me all the more open to unknown and feeling unified with the movements that never cease.
At one time I had a sense I'd nest in the Pacific NW, and now I turn my quest in the direction of South America. Fitting in amidst fimiliarity has rarely satisfied my soul, and while countless light bulbs have set off from my wanderings thus far, there is a strong voice that implores I seek on. One of those messengers came in the form of a nightmare that triggered my screaming to a volume I've never reached before, and sending an upstairs neighborhood worriedly to the door. So these days I find myself exploring the seeming divide between the 'rational; mind that I've been methodically trained in through years of education, and the intuitive pull to energies that are not always seen. As I tend to do, I've found avenues to reconciling... namely in the truth of balance.
Amidst it all, we pray for Haiti, a disaster of proportions that surely spirals us to contemplations in dimesions both 'rational' and not. There is no doubt that our earth home is alive and bears infinite messages, if we listen from humble and still hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home